Fort Worth Shoplifting Lawyer
Call An Experienced Theft Crime Attorney
If you've been arrested for shoplifting, you should take action right away. Texas takes theft offenses seriously, and you could be facing time in jail or extensive fines. With a Fort Worth theft crime lawyer, you can fight your charges and defend your reputation.
The Benefits Of Retaining My Firm
I have been fighting for the rights of my clients for over 10 years with a long history of successful cases. When you retain me as your defense lawyer, you can expect that:
- I will be by your side from start to finish.
- I will relentlessly pursue the best possible option for your situation.
- I will take the time to listen to you and dedicate my skills to defending your case.
Call the Law Office of A. Oliver Hassibi today if you're ready to protect your future. We offer free consults!
Potential Charges for Crimes of Shoplifting
Shoplifting may seem like a minor offense, but Texas does not see it this way. Their laws are strict and penalties are based on the amount of property that was stolen. Classifications of this crime range from Class C misdemeanors all the way up to first degree felonies.
You could be charged with the following:
- Class C misdemeanor: Fines up to $500
- Class B misdemeanor: Jail time up to 180 days and/or fines up to $2,000
- Class A misdemeanor: Jail time up to 1 year and/or fines up to $4,000
- Third degree felony: Jail time between 2-10 years and fines up to $10,000
- Second degree felony: Jail time between 2-20 years and fines up to $10,000
- First degree felony: Jail time between 5-99 years and fines up to $10,000
You may also be sued by the person you shoplifted from, which can add additional fines to your existing penalties. In Texas, pretrial diversion programs are available for first-offenders so as to avoid prosecution. The alternatives include completing a probationary period, as well as community service and counseling.
Get the airtight defense you need!
The legal system is complex; without a proper understanding of how it all works, it can be difficult to do anything about your charges. As a criminal defense attorney in Fort Worth, I can do the heavy lifting and pursue your best interests in and out of the courtroom. Before making any pleas about your case, call my firm.
Specific Focus on Criminal Defense Law
Personal Handling of Each Case
Trustworthy Legal Care